× Members

dla to pip for over 65's

More
4 years 11 months ago #231799 by queenmalka
dla to pip for over 65's was created by queenmalka
Is it true that people over 65 on indefinite awards for DLA will no longer be forced to apply for PIP?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #231834 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic dla to pip for over 65's

malka wrote: Is it true that people over 65 on indefinite awards for DLA will no longer be forced to apply for PIP?

That appears to be the Government's intention but no official announcement has been made as to how this will happen for existing PIP claimants.

Sorry I misread your post, ignore my original reply.

No, this is not the case, DLA claimants who meet the criteria to be invited to claim PIP will still be asked to claim the new benefit, the announcement is in regard to the award that they might then receive.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231858 by Frederick1951
Replied by Frederick1951 on topic dla to pip for over 65's
Just about to ask the same question as Malka, my letter came last week to apply for PIP from DLA, i am 68 years old ?

More
4 years 11 months ago #231861 by Gordon

Fred wrote: Just about to ask the same question as Malka, my letter came last week to apply for PIP from DLA, i am 68 years old ?

Please see my amended reply above.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231866 by Frederick1951
Replied by Frederick1951 on topic dla to pip for over 65's
Thanks, i was refering to what Justin Tomlinson said, this means new claimants to PIP who reach
State Pension age before their review is due won't have one unless they tell us their needs have changed. Min have not i been on DLA Mobility for about 9 years.
Fred

More
4 years 11 months ago #231890 by Gordon
Fred

So at some stage, you will be invited to claim PIP and if you receive an award, as you are already past State Retirement Age, it should be for an On-Going period.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Frederick1951

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.