× Members

Benefit advice needed please

More
4 years 11 months ago #231806 by bassettsfarm
Benefit advice needed please was created by bassettsfarm
Hello everyone,

I’m after some advice please. I’ve lived in the same rented accommodation for 20 years. On a Monday, the landlord came round and gave me 4 months notice, due to someone In his extended family wanting to move in!

I am currently receiving the following benefits

housing benefit
PIP
ESA income related

I have a partner, who doesn’t live with me (I live alone with my 23 year old daughter and 14 year old son). However, he has offered that we could go and live with him if we can’t find anything else.

Obviously I would stop receiving housing benefit, as he works. But would my other benefits be affected? I’m just wondering if anyone can let me know what would be taken away from me if I no longer lived alone.

Many thanks in advance

Amanda x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231842 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Benefit advice needed please
Amanda

PIP is not affected.

If your partner works 24 or more hours a week then you lose entitlement to your ESA(IR) payments, less than 24 hours and your ESA(IR) will be reduced by their income, for a clearer idea of what you might still receive put information for both of you into one of the online benefit calculators.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bassettsfarm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.