× Members

Pension age

More
4 years 11 months ago #231808 by bluey149
Pension age was created by bluey149
What is the “Pensionable Age” used by DWP?, is it 65, 66. Does it vary under the different benefits, ESA, PIP etc. Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231846 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pension age

chrisB wrote: What is the “Pensionable Age” used by DWP?, is it 65, 66. Does it vary under the different benefits, ESA, PIP etc. Many thanks.

It is 65 or State Retirement Age, whichever is the higher. SRA is currently increasing to 67 for all claimants.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231884 by EPOS07
Replied by EPOS07 on topic Pension age
I'm 65 years of age,my pips award is until 20th feb 2020,my pension is payable on the 6th Jan 2020.The DWP also announced that the 10 year light touch review will be extended to existing PIP claimants above State Pension age in the coming months,how long is the coming months?

More
4 years 11 months ago #231906 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pension age
EPOS

It's the reassessment date that matters which is normally one year in advance of the award ending.

I've no idea how long the "coming months" will be.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.