× Members

Assessor recommendation > PIP award?

More
4 years 11 months ago #231809 by Aspie7629
Assessor recommendation > PIP award? was created by Aspie7629
Hi,

I did try searching through the forum for this, but due to the keywords (PIP, assessor, report, f2f, DWP, decision) it returned basically every thread on the forum ever lol.

After having my DLA to PIP f2f at home last week, I received today my copy of the assessment report. As might unfortunately be considered standard practice for them, I vehemently disagree with some parts. For example, scoring nothing at all for my Autism as apparently despite my 'assertions' it causes no issues at all, despite having issues being a prerequisite for diagnosis.

In other (predominantly physical) ways it was fair and accurate, and the assessor repeatedly stressed the fact I'm on morphine (a 'strong pain killer' as they put it) and the fact my medical evidence correlates with my claimed restrictions. The report gives the impression that the assessor has no idea about how ASD affects a person, and so they concentrated on the physical illnesses instead.

At any rate, using the b&w checker and entering in the assessor's own recommendations/answers for each descriptor it still adds up to 14 points for daily living and 12 for mobility. In other words, enhanced rate for both, with a recommendation of reassessment in 2 years. So my question is, how often might one reasonably expect DWP to just 'go along' with their (HCP) recommendations? Or to perhaps be more pragmatic, might it be safe for me to stop worrying so much now until I get the decision letter?

I realise of course that nobody here has a crystal ball, and that DWP is a law unto itself. I'm not asking for guarantees or certainties, just a general indicator of past experience. Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231817 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Assessor recommendation > PIP award?
Hi Aspie

I know it can be challenging, but I would honestly wait for your decision. There are plenty of people who have found the decision maker agrees with the assessor, and they are awarded what they expect, but it is not always the case.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #233497 by Aspie7629
Replied by Aspie7629 on topic Assessor recommendation > PIP award?
Just an update. I received my award today - enhanced rate for both components, as per the HCP report recommendation. The only way DWP deviated was to make the initial award for 3 years instead of the HCP recommended 2 (I have chronic degenerative conditions not expected to change for the better). Result. Thanks again for all the help guys.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233500 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Assessor recommendation > PIP award?
Hi Aspie

That is wonderful news. Congratulations on your enhanced award.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aspie7629

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.