× Members

Assessment report

More
4 years 11 months ago #231811 by Kelly1980
Assessment report was created by Kelly1980
I've received my assessment report an I'm in shock, looks like I'm going to lose my pip care and mobility I've only scored 2 points but the assesor has written lots which totally contradicts what points she has ticked which I dont understand why shes done this ,I was previously on dla indefinite, dont think ican take the stress anymore

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #231814 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Assessment report
Hi Kelly

Only you can make the decision whether or not you want to move forward to the next stage - which is to put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration. This needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for details of the process, the PIP area also has template letters that you can use to make the request with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor recorded that I walked 50m, I did but they have failed to document that I had to stop every 10m for a rest due to breathlessness"

than their opinions

"based on my observations of the claimant walking I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Gordon. Reason: Fixed quote

More
4 years 11 months ago #231837 by Kelly1980
Replied by Kelly1980 on topic Assessment report
Hi BIS
I just dont understand how she has ticked the box saying I only need an aid to get into the shower which scores me 2 points ,but shes then written my mum helps me get into the shower and helps me wash my top and bottom body an washes my hair which I told her this

More
4 years 11 months ago #231854 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment report
Kelly

Have you considered that they do not believe that you need your mother to help you wash and that you could do it yourself with a suitable aid? Did you explain why you need your mother to help you wash and why you cannot do it even with an aid?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231862 by Kelly1980
Hi Gordon
She has stated on the report that ,however needing assistance to get in and out the bath from a family member it is not consistent with today's assessment as social history reports she gets out of the car into her wheelchair while holding onto the car door

More
4 years 11 months ago #231864 by Kelly1980
Sorry Gordon I forgot to put that I physically show that I cant get in and out the bath without help due to having an air boot on my leg due to a recent foot operation which I'm not allowed to put weight on

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.