× Members

Appeals Officer has revised the decision

More
4 years 11 months ago #231882 by BlueSky
Hi everyone, a quick quesiton about tribunal appeals.

The quite normal history of events: Am in the ESA Support Group > DWP sent me a questionaire > Face to Face > Decision Maker says no > they put me in the WRAG > mandatory reconsideration > decision maker says no > filed an appeal > I get a letter from the Clerk to the Tribunal saying;
I have been advised that the Appeals Officer has revised the decision on your case and that the new decision is a more favourable one.

So now they put me back in the Support Group which I'm happy about. However I'm left with questions that nobody can answer;
who's the Appeals Officer?
What exactly was the decision they made?
What were the terms and conditions of that decision (in case I want to exersise my right to appeal it).

I contacted the DWP (waited an hour on hold before getting to speak to someone) who couldn't tell me anything except I was in the Support Group.

I've had a statement from the DWP about how much backdated and future rate but nothing else.
The advisor on the phone said there wasn't anything on my file about the decision that he could send me.

So I'm left feeling confused and worried.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231905 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Appeals Officer has revised the decision
BlueSky

An Appeals officer is a DWP Decision Maker who specifically deals with appeals.

There should be a Decision Letter from the DWP confirming the new Decision.

I can't think of any reason you would need to appeal further but this information would be on the Decision Letter.

The DWP call centre staff should be able to tell you whether a Decision Letter has been produced and if not you should be able to request one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231911 by BlueSky
Replied by BlueSky on topic Appeals Officer has revised the decision
Ok thanks for your reply. As I have already spoken to the DWP call centre staff and they weren't able to help me I should write to them.

The decision letter? just to be clear, what do they look like or contain? I have received one letter from them, but it's about my current and backdated rate and the dates which they apply to.

There's no mention about any decision makers decision or reasons.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231918 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Appeals Officer has revised the decision
BlueSky

ESA Decision Letters just include the actual Decision and when it applies from, it will not include the reasons for the Decision.

You could ask for a Statement of Reasons but the DM may simply refer you to the assessment report.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.