× Members

my DLA is ending

More
4 years 11 months ago #231883 by pingusolid
my DLA is ending was created by pingusolid
I received the letter today in the usual dwp brown envelope marked as 1st class. The letter inside is dated 1 week ago. !st class should only take a day to arrive from its sending point. Is this normal ?
Have been phoning people and making appiontments for this up -coming disruption. My DLAhas been in payment about 15 years so I'm dreading this.
What are the things I should do ?
I've read your claims guide but due to memory problems nothing sticks for long in my head even though I have a printed guide from 2016.
thnaks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231885 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic my DLA is ending
Hi Pingusolid

It's not uncommon for there to be quite a gap between the date on the letter and the date you receive it.

As you're moving from DLA to PIP, you need to treat it like an entirely new claim. PIP is very different from DLA and you will need to fill in the form and provide any additional medical evidence.

You will certainly need to download the up to date guide - (April 2019).

Guide to PIP claims and reviews

If you don't have anyone to help you complete the form and you suffer from memory problems, only work on one question at a time - read one question, check the guide for the relevant information and then write your answer.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.