× Members

DLA PIP CARERS BENEFITS

More
4 years 11 months ago #231913 by terdun9
DLA PIP CARERS BENEFITS was created by terdun9
Hi sorry if not allowed but I have a question about Pips DLA and carers
I have written to local authorities because we have been council tenants for over 45 years and for the last few years asked for DHP it is where the local council because of family circumstances, mental health, and poor health in general all 3 bedrooms in our house is still being used............ well short cut of it is I had to send them a financial list of out in and outgoings. and our cash going into the banks this is all benefits ie ESA Carers PIPS, well I just got this email and it says

When looking at your expenditure and after your rent shortfall is paid you still have £150 per week disposable income. but this £150 is coming from PIPS DLA Or even Carers so surely they are not allowed to count this in with the Expenditure Incoming money?? as it is a disablement benefit? Please understand I am not looking for any help about the so-called Bedroom Tax part of this question but only asking if the local council can take any of the PIP / DLA or carers Thank you very much for reading

To Much Pain Will Kill Y ou In The End

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231919 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA PIP CARERS BENEFITS
Jacqui

I'm afraid for the purposes of DHP PIP and DLA can be counted as income, it's up to the Local Authority.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231924 by terdun9
Replied by terdun9 on topic DLA PIP CARERS BENEFITS
Thank you Gordon
I been looking for this tonight
To reflect the Court’s ruling the Government has changed the law to create further exemptions for carers from the Bedroom Tax. This means that from the 1st of April 2017
it was made by the 09 November 2016

Today, in a landmark ruling, the Supreme Court has ruled in favour I am hoping to appeal this anyway. thank you

To Much Pain Will Kill Y ou In The End

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.