× Members

DLA to PIP communication aid

More
4 years 11 months ago #231940 by Rachlv
DLA to PIP communication aid was created by Rachlv
hi , If a communication book was made for someone with learning/ speech difficulties but the subject refuses to use it should I still mention its existence on the form? Plus if depression was diagnosed but again the subject refuses to comply with therapy is it still worth putting on the form Part of his problems is childish erratic and sometimes unreasonable behaviour so they don't always do whats best for them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231944 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DLA to PIP communication aid
Hi Rachlv

Regarding the communication book, I would mention it, but I would make it clear that their refusal to use it is due to their learning difficulties and/or depression.

You should also mention that they are unable to access therapy due to their mental health and or learning difficulties. I would be careful about the language you use because the word 'childish' could give the wrong impression. Focus on how their medical conditions have an impact on their ability to access the right help and fulfill the criteria set out on the form.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.