× Members

Appeal ESA - Doctor told to not issue fit note

More
4 years 11 months ago #231941 by bcm
I'm having a bit of a nightmare with ESA since my last post. I've been told to close my JSA claim and move to ESA to go on to the Appeal rate.

I did so but wasn't told i needed to get a fit note straight away so when querying where my payment was, I was sent a link to send a photo of it. It's taken me 4 days to get an appointment with my GP who said I needed to come in and get my fit note rather than her leaving it at reception for me to pick up.

When I had my appointment she showed me a letter from the DWP stating that she was not to issue me with a fit note despite me being told to provide them with one. I wasn't allowed to take a copy with me but something very strange is going on.

She gave me a fit note anyway and now i'm on hold to try and get an urgent payment but i'm really not sure what to do from hereon in. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231953 by Gordon
bcm

Have a look at the following for more information about Fit Notes in these circumstances.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3922-free...-fit-note-esa-appeal

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.