× Members

New ESA form

More
4 years 11 months ago #232169 by Water
New ESA form was created by Water
Hello,

i've first applied for ESA in April 2016-they gave me full ESA.
The other day i got a new form ESA to be returned by 17.06.

1. On the form it says to be returned by 17.06-if i actually sand it back on the 17th would that still be ok?
2. Do they often invite people for a face to face apt. although they have been on ESA for a while?
3. Do they take in consideration that person is also on PIP(i mean for a face to face apt?
4. Can you please tell me what i should be aware of when filling in new form? Any new unusual questions, tricky and so on? Any significant changes? Or is it just very similar to previous form? Perhaps longer and so on?

I've probably asked lots of nonsense questions.Sorry. Am just very worried ....
Most Appreciated
P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232180 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New ESA form
purity

1. The form has to be with Maximus on the 17th so you will need to post it before this date.
when will depend on what postage you choose

2. The vast majority of reassessments require a face to face. To avoid one, you will need your GP to ask for a Paper Based Review as there would be an unreasonable risk of harm to you or others if you were required to attend.

3. The Decision Maker may but the assessor will not be aware of your PIP claim unless you include the information with your ESA50. Although there are areas of crossover between the two benefits but even where there are the criteria can still be quite different.

4. Have a look at our ESA Claim guides

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #232203 by Water
Replied by Water on topic New ESA form
"The vast majority of reassessments require a face to face. To avoid one, you will need your GP to ask for a Paper Based Review as there would be an unreasonable risk of harm to you or others if you were required to attend"

Few months ago my GP said to me that he doesn't write any more letters... i said i'll pay you he said its' not about money-he doesn't have time.

This paper based review is this something he asks for it now? Or maybe when/if they give me apt with them?
Best
P

More
4 years 11 months ago #232205 by Water
Replied by Water on topic New ESA form
Many Thanks

Gordon do you think i can call and ask for a later deadline?
Do they sometimes give a later date or it has to be 100% the date which is already on the letter?

More
4 years 11 months ago #232212 by Gordon
purity

If your Gp is willing to provide a letter then earlier is better than later.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Water

More
4 years 11 months ago #232213 by Gordon

purity wrote: Many Thanks

Gordon do you think i can call and ask for a later deadline?
Do they sometimes give a later date or it has to be 100% the date which is already on the letter?

I'm afraid there is no extension available for completing the ESA50, you can return the firm late but you risk Maximus returning your file to the DWP or you can return the form on time and if there is information missing, supply it to the same address as soon as you can.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Water

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.