× Members

ESA F2F assessment - need a home visit

More
4 years 11 months ago #232264 by cuthbert
ESA F2F assessment - need a home visit was created by cuthbert
Hi,

I have been on ESA for a number of years, originally on IB. I am in PIP.

My husband and I completed the form (which exacerbated symptoms) for reassessment and stated that a home visit would be necessary as to attend a centre would significantly worsen symptoms & cause distress.

Three years ago we attended a PIP assessment but it had to be abandoned due to worsening symptoms, distress - which triggered an anxiety attack and then Angina attack. This was explained on form.

My symptoms fluctuate and are unpredictable. I’m housebound the majority of the time and am affected by bright lights, strong perfumes and noise. Plus, I have significant fatigue and poor stamina and I have pain issues.

My GP is sick for the next few weeks and they require six weeks notice for a private letter - at a charge.

My MP has raised the issue, on my behalf, about the need of a home visit.

The appointment is on Monday.

Is there a chance that the DWP and Assessment centre will postpone my F2F till my GP is back?

What can I do?

These assessments at the centres are entirely inappropriate for someone with my illness.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232266 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA F2F assessment - need a home visit
cuthbert

I'm afraid they are not going to wait for your GP.

If this is the first appointment then you do have the option of cancelling to gain more time but you can only do this once and must attend the new appointment whenever and wherever it is booked for.

You could also ask for the assessment to be recorded (first), this usually requires the current appointment to be cancelled at no fault to the claimant.

I would also contact your GP and explain that the six weeks wait will not help you avoid having to attend at the Assessment Provider's offices.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: cuthbert

More
4 years 11 months ago #232273 by cuthbert
Replied by cuthbert on topic ESA F2F assessment - need a home visit
Thanks Gordon,

My MP has not had any luck, just the standard response - phone to arrange another appointment in order to provide evidence from GP.

Good thing is that the GP has done a letter for me. That will be faxed to them.

Will they contact us when they see fax or do we need to contact them?

Thanks.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232276 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA F2F assessment - need a home visit
Hi Cuthbert

Once you know the fax has been sent, then I would ring to check that it has arrived, and most importantly been attached to your records and read!

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: cuthbert

More
4 years 11 months ago #232315 by cuthbert
Replied by cuthbert on topic ESA F2F assessment - need a home visit
Thanks BIS.

Been an issue with letter as my GP (who is off sick and has known me for a decade) is the one who knows how ME affects me.

He is aware of how severe it is and that things such as referrals exhaust me and worsen my condition.

The other GP didn’t realise what she was needing to write on the letter so it’s having to be done again.

It’s not easy this process - not at all. The system for home visits is too rigid and doesn’t take into account the nature of a fluctuating illness that will be significantly worsened by the whole assessment experience, especially at a centre.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.