× Members

ESA application (Reliably & Safely)

More
4 years 11 months ago #232327 by Bobajob
ESA application (Reliably & Safely) was created by Bobajob
Having filled in and got my PIP thanks to Gordon and the site info, I was wondering if Reliably & Safely are just as important in my ESA application as they were in my PIP application?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232337 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA application (Reliably & Safely)
Bobajob

Reliably is a container word for a number of items;

• Safely – in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person.
• To a necessary and appropriate standard – given the nature of the activity.
• Repeatedly – as often as is reasonably required.
• In a timely manner – in a reasonable time period.

These terms do apply to ESA but they are not defined in the legislation as they are in PIP and are also modified by the ESA Descriptors, as an example; the Moving Around activity specifically requires the claimant to be able to repeatably mobilise a given distance, but other activities such as picking up a £1 coin do not have such a requirement in the Descriptor.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bobajob

More
4 years 11 months ago #232342 by Bobajob
Replied by Bobajob on topic ESA application (Reliably & Safely)
Oh got ya Gordon, ok many thanks for this, seems ESA is even worse than PIP, feel another stroke coming on :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.