× Members

PIP Assessment (exercises)

More
4 years 11 months ago #232362 by Flipper
PIP Assessment (exercises) was created by Flipper
My husband had his PIP assessment yesterday and at the end the HP asked him to perform certain exercises. One of those exercises was to stand holding the back of a chair (both hands) and raise a foot slightly (2") off the floor, what does this exercise demonstrate? My husband performed this task, however, the twisting and bending exercises were refused due to the fact they would cause too much pain and discomfort.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232374 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment (exercises)
Flipper

It would be relevant to getting Dressed and Undress; putting on and taking off lower garments such as trousers and it would also be relevant to Washing and Bathing; getting in and out or a shower or bath.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #232383 by Flipper
Replied by Flipper on topic PIP Assessment (exercises)
Gordon,

So the fact he (hubby) only raised his foot 2 inches would hopefully demonstrate the inability to perform the tasks you mentioned.

I also recorded the assessment and gave the HP a copy so hopefully there will be no anomalies!

Many thanks

More
4 years 11 months ago #232386 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment (exercises)
Flipper

It would suggest problems in these areas but like so many of the tests that are done, it is not definitive although they are often assumed to be

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.