× Members

How do i apply for a copy of my medical assessmen.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232363 by Karon
...... and when can i ask for a copy? Do i have to wait for my decision to apply for a copy or can i get one now?
I had my assessment around a month go and afteer a fortnight I received a text to say the DWP were in receipt of the report and I should have a decision within 6 weeks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232375 by Gordon
Karon

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I assume this is in relation to PIP.

You can request a copy of the report by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232427 by Karon
Yes it is DLA to PIP. I was given the highest rate of both the care and mobility components of DLA for LIFE in 1994!
The sickening thing is IF the government hadn't robbed me of 6 years of my pension (which I wont get now until Im 66), I would have been 'safe' and would be remaining on DLA. However as I have 4 years to go until my OAP kicks in now, I stand to lose everything. It seems to me that being a DLA recipient meant that disabled people could carry on living a life, and I was told when applying for it that that's exactly what the allowance was for...to enable people to carry on working, enjoying life, pursuing hobbies etc, but to get the highest rate of PIP it seems that shouldn't be possible anymore. Goodness knows what I will do without my car if I don't get the high rate of PIP... doesn't bear thinking of.

Im sorry Gordon, maybe Im being thick but I still cant find the information which says if I can apply for a copy of my medical report at any time or whether I have to wait until I get my decision through. The assessor spent the 1 hour 55minutes in my home trying to catch me out. It was absolutely mentally and physically exhausting.

regards Karon

More
4 years 10 months ago #232487 by Gordon
Karon

As I said in my previous post, contact the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232596 by Karon
I guess that means i can get a copy now and i dont have to wait until my decision. Thank you

More
4 years 10 months ago #232600 by BIS
Hi Karonn

Yes, you can ask for a copy of your medical assessment now.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.