× Members

Renewing PIP: By PIP2 by AR1 form

More
4 years 11 months ago #232382 by E
Hello,

I am a DWP appointee for my son. 18 months ago we won at Tribunal and they awarded him PIP for a fixed period, backdated from when they stopped his DLA, and ending this June. We therefore expected DWP to act this year in anticipation of the end of that period.

But DWP have not dealt with it as a renewal, which I think is done by the PIP review form AR1. Instead, we were required to start a new claim on the PIP2 40-page form: "We're writing to remind you your PIP claim will end on (date). You'll need to make a new claim if you still need help..."

Does anyone know what DWP are doing and why? Have DWP followed procedures? Am I right to feel distinctly uneasy about this apparent anomaly?

Thanks, J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232385 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Renewing PIP: By PIP2 by AR1 form
E

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I'm afraid the DWP are doing this correctly based on their procedures, so it is not a new claim but a renewal and this is done using the PIP2, the alternative would be a reassessment using the AR1 form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: E

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.