× Members

Question 8A PIP

More
4 years 11 months ago #232601 by Sonia
Question 8A PIP was created by Sonia
Does the fact someone tells my husband what colours are class as an audio detector? also we have never heard of one of these until reading this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232605 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Question 8A PIP
Hi Sonia

Question 8a is an aid or appliance needed to help someone to dress and undress. If you are having to tell your husband what colours to wear - that is 'supervision' . An audio detector would be an appliance or aid that detects sound, can control levels and respond to sound.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #232618 by Sonia
Replied by Sonia on topic Question 8A PIP
HI I just looked on the RNIB site and there is a colour audio detector for blind and partially sighted , sorry to ask again, but would I be that aid?

More
4 years 11 months ago #232627 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Question 8A PIP

Sonia wrote: HI I just looked on the RNIB site and there is a colour audio detector for blind and partially sighted , sorry to ask again, but would I be that aid?

Yes, if they used this device because they could not see the colour themselves then it would be considered as an aid.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sonia

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.