× Members

PIP Assessment to be done at Home?

More
4 years 10 months ago #232621 by PaulineC
PIP Assessment to be done at Home? was created by PaulineC
I sent of hubby's PIP form about two weeks ago and we received a letter today telling us the PIP assessment will be done at our home next week.

While I'm happy its not stretched on for weeks, I'm not sure why its being done at home.

Is this normal?

Pauline :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232629 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment to be done at Home?
Pauline

They would only have offered a home assessment if they felt that your husband would have had significant problems with attending at their offices.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232705 by PaulineC
Replied by PaulineC on topic PIP Assessment to be done at Home?
Thanks Gordon and yes it would have been difficult for him to go to an office............thanks again :) Pauline.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232706 by Bromley Heath
Replied by Bromley Heath on topic PIP Assessment to be done at Home?
Be careful when an assessor visits your home and remember their job is to NOT award you any benefits. They are not your friends. If they really did want to know about your condition they could ask your GP but they wont. They are detective trying to catch you out. They will be looking for clues to help them so beware.
This is a difficult time for you.
Good luck and try not to stress yourselves.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.