× Members

Contribution based ESA/transfer to WRAG

More
4 years 11 months ago #232648 by Thistlelass
Contribution based ESA/transfer to WRAG was created by Thistlelass
Long time since I have had need to post but could do with a heads up now. I have been in Support Group since 2013. I was up for reassessment in late December 2017. My conditions are Major Depressive Disorder, Alcoholism (abstinent for 3.5 years), Hypothyroidism - these are the main ones I will mention. In 2017 I was 'saved' from a face to face and allowed to continue in Support Group as my mental state was judged to be very fragile. Pressure could have seen me returning to dependent drinking etc. I have filled in the ESA50 and waiting to see what's what this time. Basically it seems to be the case for me that if I am not returned to the support group I am not entitled to any monies from jobseekers - I remember being told this last time. This will be a loss for me of around £230 per month, quite a chunk of my budget.
Are their any interim measures I can take while I would challenge this on MR and on Appeal
if needed? I am also now awaiting investigation for possible Parkinsons disease. In addition just been told I raised Prolactin and may have pituitary tumour to be dealt with. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232669 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Contribution based ESA/transfer to WRAG
Thistlelass

You could be placed in the WRAG and still receive your ESA(CB) if you have not already spent more than 365 days outside of the SG.

If you are found Fit for Work then you could claim Universal Credit and ask to be assessed but if you do then you cannot return to ESA even if you overturn the Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.