× Members

Confused, who does Mandatory Reconsideration?

More
4 years 10 months ago #232655 by Woolybrained
Confused, who does Mandatory Reconsideration? was created by Woolybrained
I phoned DWP as it's 12 wks since I requested MR. Lady agreed it was taking a long time and put me on hold whilst she contacted "Decision Maker" to find out what date they were currently working on. She came back to me and said the "Decision Maker" agreed this was an "old case" and that my case had been allocated to someone and she was going to "Skype" this person to find out if she would be working on it soon. If not, the "Decision Maker" would take my case back and do it herself.

So my question is, are ATOS or DWP reviewing my case? Why Skype and not just phone?

Also, the lady I was speaking to said if I wasn't happy with the decision I would have one month from the date on the letter to request a Tribunal Hearing. She said not to worry if I took longer than one month because the Courts are aware that it's taking 1-2 wks to get the letters out as their post is so slow. She said all I had to do was fill out a simple form and I won't need to provide any additional evidence at this time.

So is this true? I ask because I am very ill and depressed at the moment and have a chance to go and stay with friends to be looked after for a while, but I keep putting it off as I've been expecting DWP's decision and thought I would then have to work on it straight away ( as I know I've only a 19% chance of being successful). I badly need a break as all this stress and worry is making me worse and worse and the Mental Health Team I'm now under think a break would be a very good idea.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232676 by Gordon
Woolybrained

MRs are carried out by the DWP.

Yes, if the MR does not revise the Decision then you can request an appeal, our guides explain how to do this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232691 by Woolybrained
Replied by Woolybrained on topic Confused, who does Mandatory Reconsideration?
Thank you Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.