× Members

ESA Mandatory Reconsideration Query

More
4 years 10 months ago #232668 by Jan
Hello I am new to this forum as I'm looking for help with mandatory rconsideration for my son who has been moved out of the Support Group and placed into WRAG. He has a 6 year PIP award at the two enhanced rates and up until now has been in the Support Group for ESA. Both started in 2015 when he was 18. He has autism and is considered to be vulnerable. Ive requested and received a copy of the recent ESA medical report which states that to find him fit for work now would pose a substantial risk but it is thought he may be able to enter work in 18 months from now and therefore placed in WRAG. His limited capacity for work is due to his autism, some of the features are very severe. It seems illogical as his autism is not going to get better in 18 months. It is with him for life. There are no points showing on the medical report. Am I missing something? Is there another document which I should have requested which sets out his points? Or is it the case that WRAG decision is not based on points but a judgement call? Any advice would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232683 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA Mandatory Reconsideration Query
Hi Jan

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claim...q/general-faq#Gen140

You should contact the DWP for a copy of the assessment report if you have not already done so.
Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and you will then be able to argue against them.

Are you aware of National Autistic Society, they have a good helpline. Autism Helpline provides confidential expert advice and support on autism for autistic people, their families and friends.

Autism Helpline opening hours 10am-4pm from Monday-Thursday. On Fridays, they are open from 9am-3pm (excluding Bank Holidays). You can call them on 0808 800 4104.

Let us know how you get on.

Gary

@ESA

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jan

More
4 years 10 months ago #232687 by Jan
Replied by Jan on topic ESA Mandatory Reconsideration Query
Thanks Gary. I didn't know about the NAS Helpline so I'll follow that up. I've received a copy of the medical report but it doesn't show how many points awarded for each descriptor. I don't know if there is information I am missing.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232697 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Mandatory Reconsideration Query

Jan wrote: Thanks Gary. I didn't know about the NAS Helpline so I'll follow that up. I've received a copy of the medical report but it doesn't show how many points awarded for each descriptor. I don't know if there is information I am missing.

The assessment report should have a section at the back where the assessor has indicated which Descriptors they are recommending you meet, you can work out the score by referring t our PIP Claim guide that has the points against each Descriptor.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.