× Members

PIP Decision Letter Timescale

More
4 years 10 months ago #232725 by TheMerlin486
PIP Decision Letter Timescale was created by TheMerlin486
Assessment by IAS end of April and wondering if there is a current timescale for when decision letters are arriving bearing in mind it's typically the holiday season for many.

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232736 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Decision Letter Timescale
TheMerlin

Members were reporting a ten-week wait but this has been coming down so it is worth your contacting the DWP for an update, it can easily take 10-14 days for a Decision Letter to arrive after a Decision has been made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232791 by TheMerlin486
Replied by TheMerlin486 on topic PIP Decision Letter Timescale
After i posted the question i actually got through to the PIP DWP Department surprisingly quickly and was told in respect of my own claim that DWP had only this week received my case file. This was an assessment that took place at the end of April!

I was told to expect delays and unlikely to receive a decision until the end of August. The advisor did comment this delay had nothing to do with the holiday season. What a mess they are in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.