× Members

ESA appeal. Support group to WRAG

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #232834 by Sandalina
ESA appeal. Support group to WRAG was created by Sandalina
Please advise. My appeal date is 26th July2019.
II have been moved from Support group to WRAG. In my letter refusing my mandatory reconsideration i was told that to qualify for the Support group I must satisfy one of the activities in Schedule 3 of ESA.
I got a copy of my medical report and replied to the DWP that i thought i should qualify as I met the schedule 3 activities as follows:
Activity 13 Initiating and completing personal action. The HCP answered: Frequently cannot, due to impaired mental funtion, reliably initiate or complete at least 2 personal actions.
Activity 17 : Coping with social engagement due to cognitive impairment or mental disorder. The HCP wrote: Engagement in social contact with someone unfamiliar to the claimant is always precluded due to difficulty relating to others or significant distress experienced by the individual.
I did not receive a written reply so lodged my appeal.
I have been advised verbally by DWP that activity 13 would not qualify me for the support group as it has the letters IAc on the left of the HCP answer mean that this relates to the WRAG and also on activity 17 the letters CSb also relate to the WRAG.
I cannot find anywhere that these letters on the medical report are defined.
On the WCA handbook these activities are listed as schedule 3 descriptors for the support group.
Can anyone please help.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Gordon. Reason: removed right formatting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232930 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA appeal. Support group to WRAG
A

The codes "IA" and "CS" refer to the ESA activities Starting and Finishing Tasks and Coping with Social Situations respectively and the "c" and the "b" to the recommended Descriptor within these activities. Neither of these qualifies you for the Support Group you would need to have had IAa or CSa recommended for an SG award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.