× Members

PIP Renewal

More
4 years 11 months ago #232836 by Mrs Bloxby
PIP Renewal was created by Mrs Bloxby
Morning

I was awarded PIP last year for 2 years, the letter stated they would contact me after 20 April this year to review my claim;I still haven't heard from the DWP.

I know the whole review process can take months, and wondered if I should contact them? My present award will end in April 2020. Both my health conditions have deteriorated;I don't want to do the wrong thing, advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232841 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Renewal
Hi Mrs. Bloxby

At one time when PIP was coming up for review claimants were being contacted at least a year before the end date. However, members have been reporting that the time has become shorter and in some cases, this is 6 months or less.

It is up to you what you do. You could contact them now, saying that you have had a change of circumstances ie your condition has got worse and it will more than likely trigger a review or you can wait for your review to be sent (which it will be) and say on the review form how your condition has deteriorated. If you still have nearly a year to go, you may want to wait.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs Bloxby

More
4 years 11 months ago #232862 by Mrs Bloxby
Replied by Mrs Bloxby on topic PIP Renewal
Thank you BIS, I'll will leave it for the time being. If I haven't heard from them by November I'll contact the.

Thank you again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.