× Members

Further information

More
4 years 11 months ago #232852 by Susie
Further information was created by Susie
Sorry everyone! Am having a panic. Sent back my husband’s completed PIP form (claiming DLA at present). Have received a reply from Independent Assessment Services to say that they have asked for further information from people involved in his care. The problem here is that he was discharged from Mental Health Services in 2011 after being seen for about 18 years as there was nothing more they could do to help. Therefore, the only people actively involved in his care are his GP and ENT surgeon (since 1984). I have sent copies of letters from the ENT surgeon and an informative report from his GP. I am at a loss as to what more they can find out as most of the mental health documents will be up to 20 years out of date so not really pertinent to now. I wonder if this has happened to anyone else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #232860 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Further information
Hi Fridgeraider

Sometimes they will ask for further information before or after an assessment and that can be for a number of different reasons including clarification of what is on a form, or where they think there are gaps in the information given. It's impossible to know the reason why unless they actually tell you. You could always ring the number on your letter and ask for further details.

I know of two people recently where IAS asked the GP for further information, because like your husband they had no mental health support and they wanted to clarify why.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by BIS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.