× Members

Lose PIP - make new claim?

More
4 years 10 months ago #232902 by mosala
Lose PIP - make new claim? was created by mosala
If I lose all PIP at Tribunal can I then make a fresh claim under Attendance Allowance as I will be 65 in July? Do I have to wait a certain length of time to do that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232949 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Lose PIP - make new claim?

mosala wrote: If I lose all PIP at Tribunal can I then make a fresh claim under Attendance Allowance as I will be 65 in July? Do I have to wait a certain length of time to do that?

It is now 65 or State Retirement Age whichever is the later.

There is no waiting time you can make a claim for AA the next day.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232988 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic Lose PIP - make new claim?
To apply for AA do I need to provide 'new' evidence extra to that which I presented to PIP tribunal? Or can I use the same info as I used for PIP?

More
4 years 10 months ago #232996 by Gordon
mosala

Don't you have an existing PIP award?

AA has the same criteria as DLA so you may need to revise your PIP information before it could be used.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #233047 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic Lose PIP - make new claim?
Yes I do, but am just thinking ahead in case I lose it all if I go to Tribunal.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233048 by Gordon

mosala wrote: Yes I do, but am just thinking ahead in case I lose it all if I go to Tribunal.

If the panel is considering reducing or removing your existing award then the Judge in charge of your appeal must warn you and give you the opportunity to withdraw your appeal.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.