× Members

PIP home examination on 3rd July

More
4 years 10 months ago #232910 by Creature
PIP home examination on 3rd July was created by Creature
Hello there, I am having a PIP home examination next week, hoping to migrate from indefinite DLA to PIP.
During the PIP examiner's visit, I will be in a push-wheelchair due to extreme pain when walking, which will be pushed by my care provider. I am on Tramadol painkillers 3 to 4 days per week and then must take a break from them due to my becoming very constipated, as well as getting painful tongue lesions. During this time I must have at least 2, sometimes 3 home colonics.
Since I am in a wheelchair and in extreme pain during this time, I was wondering if I will be forced to show the examiner how I get into bed, get set up for a colonic and how I have a shower, or will they just do an exam of my limbs?
Sorry, this is quite a long question. I have a heart condition and not sleeping well, so I think I'm quite nervous right now.
Any information would be helpful. Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #232916 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP home examination on 3rd July
Hi Creature

I can assure you that the assessor only gets to see the room of which the assessment takes place and you will not be asked to demonstrate how you get in and out of bed etc. They may ask you to do some small physical things like show your grip or stand up, but you are entitled to refuse saying it would cause you too much pain. Don't just refuse without giving them a reason - but don't feel pressured into doing it.

I know of someone who was asked to demonstrate their grip and it was explained firstly why this was asked and the assessor stopped almost immediately as it was clear it was too painful.

You may want your care-provider to take notes if you want them to and you are able to ask the assessor if your pain is too great during the assessment if they can sometimes answer for you if that's what you need. However, the amount of times they are allowed to speak is up to the assessor. They like to hear from the claimant.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by BIS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Creature

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.