× Members

Changing Esa Assessment Appointment

More
4 years 11 months ago #232914 by catvinnat
Changing Esa Assessment Appointment was created by catvinnat
We just received the dreaded brown envelope for hubby's esa face to face assessment. Hes currently in the support group with PTSD depression and anxiety with suicidal ideations.

Typically the date is right in the middle of our only getaway. We go to a private apartment in a gated community in Spain which is quieter than being at home.

I know we get 1 shot and 1 shot only to change the appointment. We have requested it to be recorded (following lies in previous reports from past interviews) and I have to attend with him due to his extreme anxiety. have already waited nearly 4 months for an appointment. My question is should I acknowledge that its due to my holidays? I dont want to be offered a different appointment a week before or a week later and still be unable to make it Will it prejudice his chances of success if we have a holiday? Any and all advice appreciated, thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232918 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Changing Esa Assessment Appointment
Hi Catvinnat

You do not have to give them a reason for wanting a change of date unless you want to. However, if you are worried about being offered a date a week before or a week after your holiday then you will have to tell them you are not available for that three-week window.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #232935 by catvinnat
Replied by catvinnat on topic Changing Esa Assessment Appointment
Thanks very much, thats very helpful. We did give them 3 months worth of dates that I wasn't available due to work committments but that only took us to the end of June

More
4 years 10 months ago #233065 by stan
Replied by stan on topic Changing Esa Assessment Appointment
If you are on ESA you have to phone and tell them if you leave the country (even if you are in the support group) , even for a short holiday. I was called in about it and now always phone before I go and when I get back. They just mark it on the system. I heard this from the DWP themselves, though they don't make it easy to find the info that you need to tell them.
I am due a assessment soon and let them know I was away due to holiday abroad.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.