× Members

DLA tp PIP

More
4 years 10 months ago #232959 by sirius1
DLA tp PIP was created by sirius1
After several years on DLA award indefinite, I am now being told to apply for PIP.
Original claim was for joint, back and mental health problems. I am now 68 and had a stroke a few years ago, but did not notify for a possible higher rate as I could not go through what the DWP put me through before. I had to go to appeal to get DLA.
My physical and mental health has deteriorated since the stroke. I don't know if I can cope with the stress again and I am afraid I could have another stroke and my mental state is now worrying my partner. . Is their any way I could get just a paper based assessment without the humiliation of dealing with poorly trained staff who cannot understand medical reports, xrays and MRI scans and poo poo consultant and Doctors reports

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232963 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DLA tp PIP
Hi T

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You can request a paper-based assessment, but you will need the backing of a letter from your GP, which states that it would be detrimental to your health and well being to have a face to face assessment, and even hen there is no guarantee that you will receive one. About 95% of claimants are seen F2F. Very few paper-based assessments are given on the word of the claimant, and a very small number are offered by the DWP when they see the evidence.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.