× Members

ESA50 and additional evidence/paper based hearing

More
4 years 10 months ago #232962 by OMEB
Hello,

I am a new member and, firstly, I would like to thank you for your website and for the extremely informative,rational guides to navigating and understanding the process of benefit claims. It's great that the website helps to even out the lawful process of applying...

The information has helped me greatly with my ESA50 form, which was completed and returned to the Assessor today along with relevant supporting medical evidence.

I am awaiting a letter from my GP (it will be ready this Wednesday) stating the need for a paper-based hearing only as a face to face will trigger my PTSD symptoms (and symptoms of other mental health illnesses) and worsen my condition by potentially re-traumatizing me. I'm also being supplied with further current evidence from other health professionals I see.

My questions are, firstly, who should I forward this documentation to? Secondly, is the GP's letter likely to ensure a paper-based assessment or can the Assessor/DWP ignore it?

Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232964 by BIS
Hi OMEB

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear that you have found the guides useful.

You need to send any paperwork to the address on your claim form, ensuring that you have your name and national insurance number on each piece of paper.

A letter from your GP does not guarantee a paper-based assessment, but hopefully, they will have made a strong enough case for you to be granted one.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #233136 by OMEB
Hello BIS,

Many thanks for your response.

I have my GP letter now and it specifically requests a paper-based hearing only so I'll ensure it is sent via recorded/signed for delivery to the address where the original form et al was sent, as per your advice, and hope for the best.

I'm aware that I am very fortunate to have a supportive GP who didn't charge me for the letter.

There really should be a national policy/standard regarding these matters. The current system is utterly unjust.

Many thanks again and best wishes.

OMEB
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.