× Members

Esa assessment

More
4 years 10 months ago #232969 by Panaman
Esa assessment was created by Panaman
Hi everyone this is my first post I am aged 65 and can't claim my state pension until September. I've been in the esa support group for around 3 years and filled my last form in February.
Not thinking I would need to attend another assessment the letter came last week what I would like to know is it right they can assess me again with only 9 to 10 weeks to go and I'm so worried they will try to get me back onto jsa and that it may impact my pip award when that comes around for renewal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232971 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa assessment
Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Yes, it's a waste of Tax Payers money to reassess someone so close to retirement but unless the requirement is removed by the DWP then you have no choice but to attend.

Is this the first appointment? If it is then you can cancel, this will push the appointment back at least a week and possibly a lot more.

You could then ask for the assessment to be recorded, this usually results in the appointment being re-arranged at no fault to you.

With luck, you might make it to retirement without a Decision being made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Panaman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.