× Members

PIP medical - advice please

More
4 years 10 months ago #232999 by bionicbits
PIP medical - advice please was created by bionicbits
Hi all, I’m need of some advice - I’ve just received my PIP medical date for 08/06/19 ....

I’m suffering from T12 and L1 superior end plate fractures, and osteopenia of the lumber spine (I have a constant pain rating of 9 out of 10), both my Spinal Consultant and GP have told me - NO lifting, NO bending, standing for SHORT periods only - the DWP were made aware of this when I completed the PIP application, and are in receipt of covering letters from the Spinal Consultant and GP. My concern is that the medical professional will ask me to perform movements that could seriously damage my recovery, and/or affect my long term health.

What I would like to know ..
.. (1) can I refuse their request to lift, bend, stand, if I feel it could be decremental to my recovery and/or long term health, and/or would cause additional pain and/or injury - would I be penalised for this refusal?
.. (2) can I write a letter detailing my concerns, stating they must accept full responsibility for any injury sustained through their requests - do they have a duty of care to sign it, or can they dismiss the letter and/or refuse to sign it?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233003 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP medical - advice please
bionicbits

I assume you mean 8 July :)

1. Yes, you can refuse to do any activity that would cause you unreasonable mental or physical harm, just explain why you are doing so.

2. You can send the letter but don't expect it to be signed, not because they do not have a duty of care but for legal reasons.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.