× Members

Two missed appointments

More
4 years 10 months ago #233067 by Judy Hartley
Two missed appointments was created by Judy Hartley
Below I copy a letter I intend to send to the assessors and DWP to explain the circumstances meaning I have been unable to attend 2 asessment interviews. I realise my claim is going back to DWP, I just wanted to clarify the circumstances. Can someone just check it in case I've made any bloomers or if there are improvements that could be made.

"Independent Assessment Services
PO Box 1006
Stockton-on-Tees
TS19 1UL 26/06/2019

Dear Customer Services Team,

PIP Assessment Interview

You sent me a letter dated 19 June giving me details of a PIP assessment interview on Thursday 4 July at 11.30. On my return from holiday on 15th June, I received a letter informing me of an ENT appointment at the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston at 3.30pm on Thursday 4th July. I have been waiting for this appointment for several months, and it is essential to my health. I could not have predicted that this hospital appointment would fall on the 4th July.

I therefore telephoned you on 20th June to tell you that I would not be able to attend the morning PIP assessment interview on 4th July. It is an hour’s drive from my house to the James Paget and I could not guarantee to make that appointment at 3.30pm as well as the morning assessment, given that you say claimants may have to wait some time and that the assessments themselves can take an hour or more. Also, I would not be well enough to do both in one day.

You informed me that this would mean my claim would have to go back to the DWP. This is because the initial appointment you offered me (5 June) fell within our holiday dates (which weren’t asked for on the claim form) and I was therefore not able to attend then. I suggested after 3rd July for the next date as I was confident at that time that I would be available then. I was aware that claims have to be returned to the DWP if a claimant has been unable to attend two offered dates.

I trust this clarifies why I have been unable to attend the two dates already offered and wait to hear what happens next."

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233071 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Two missed appointments
Coppernob

Your letter needs to go to the DWP office dealing with your claim, IAS has no discretion in this matter, if you do not attend the appointment on 4 July your file will be returned to the DWP for failing to attend.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.