× Members

Help with health costs

More
4 years 10 months ago #233129 by shaunw
Help with health costs was created by shaunw
I have a client who was moved from ESA to Universal Credit in spite of a serious health condition (he has MS). Before I met him he was advised to fill out a HC1 form and then received a HC2 certificate which he uses as proof he is entitled to free prescriptions etc.

This certificate is about to expire, but before we renew it, I have discovered he is entitled to full help with costs as he earns less than £435 per UC statement period. This should mean the HC2 certificate is unnecessary. My question is does anybody know if he can provide just the printed UC statement at the pharmacy? Is anybody else doing this with UC?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233140 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help with health costs
Vm

The printed UC certificate should be sufficient but as prescriptions still don't have Universal Credit listed as an option the HC2 certificate may be an easier option.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: shaunw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.