× Members

Nearing pension age

More
4 years 10 months ago #233156 by william1972
Nearing pension age was created by william1972
Hi
I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of "what is nearing pension age" I am 62 soon and wonder if its people a tad older. I saw a bit about this on the news section of the site.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233166 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Nearing pension age
William

You can find your State Retirement Age on the following

www.gov.uk/state-pension-age

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #233176 by william1972
Replied by william1972 on topic Nearing pension age
Hi gordon, I know my pension age but I was just wondering what they "term" as approaching/near pension age 1 or 2 or 3 or more years. thanks

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #233187 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Nearing pension age
william

Although the newsletter refers to PIP claimants approaching pension age, it is actually whether the end date of a new award would be after the claimant reaches State Retirement Age that is important as this should result in an On-Going award.

Currently, this only applies to new PIP claimants but it is expected to be extended to existing awards as well.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.