× Members

DLA >PIP Decision or MR and or Appeal And Please

More
4 years 10 months ago #233159 by apples6
DLA >PIP Decision or MR and or Appeal was created by apples6
Hi B + W

Would you please: I expect there are statistics and links though I can find these hard to read, understand at times
My q please when a person is "Invited" from DLA to PIP
How long can does the "journey" take please? I put below as to what I think is the process though not 100% sure.

1 Invited
2 return "paperwork" (some a rare decision)
3 Face to face assessment
4 Decision made ?
5 Mandatory Reconsideration
6 Appeal Process time it takes ?
7 Outcome
then if "favourable"
8 If not are there any other avenues of appeal.
Many thanks A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233160 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DLA >PIP Decision or MR and or Appeal
Hi Apple6

It is impossible to say when you will be 'invited' to transfer from DLA to PIP. In January this year it was reported that the number of staff who were doing this was being cut as they were needed elsewhere. Some people still won't be transferred until 2021. You can read about it in the newsletter here

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3861-15-january-2019-update

However, no one knows when their transfer will take place.

1. Invited to claim PIP
2. Claimant makes a telephone call to start the process.
3. Form sent out.
4. Form arrives ( four weeks to return - including the time it took to arrive)
5. Request a two-week extension if needed.
6. Complete form using B&W guides. Ask for home visit if required (with doctor's letter). State any holidays or dates not available for assessment.
7. Return form (by date on letter or extended date by tracked post if affordable)
8. Invited for face to face assessment (if date not suitable - can only change once). Time taken for appointment to arrive depends on where you live - no information on this - some members are hearing within 5 - 10 days of sending back their form - some report having to wait months.
9. Attend face to face assessment.
10. Can make a request for the assessment report. It can take up to a week to be on the system and then another 10 days to arrive.
11. Decision made - time varies again - can be 10 - 14 days - some waiting much longer.
All the other stages have variable times - but if it gets as far as an appeal you will be waiting nearl a year for one.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: apples6

More
4 years 10 months ago #233186 by apples6
Hi

Something quite important I forgot to ask:
If going from DLA to Pip and 1 has to go through say 1 M. Reconsideration
and then 2 Appeal
Does the benefit DLA stop being paid at MR? and or at Appeal?
if successful at whatever stage 1 or 2 is the "new" benefit backdated to application or some point date?

And
If one is on PIp and then is retested / assessed at a future date what is the answer to above if having to go through MR Appeal many thanks Best Wishes A

More
4 years 10 months ago #233188 by BIS
Hi Apples6

DLA stops whenever you get the PIP decision. If the PIP is denied - the DLA would be stopped. If you go to mandatory reconsideration or though to appeal there is no money paid. If at one point the PIP decision is reversed the money is backdated.

If the PIP is awarded the DLA stops. If you have an award for PiP but it is not as high as you wanted, you would be paid the original PIP award through the MR stage and similarly if it went on to Appeal. Any new award that was an increase would see the money backdated.

At any time of the process, an award can also be downgraded either at MR or Appeal.

BIS

I

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: apples6

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.