× Members

PIP MR Question

More
4 years 10 months ago #233184 by Cat in a hat
PIP MR Question was created by Cat in a hat
Hi, after being transitioned over to PiP after 20 years on DLA, I lost out on daily living award by 3 points. I submitted a MR immediately after receiving the decision.
I was informed it could take up to 10 weeks for a decision to be made. It has now been 13 weeks with no response/decision.
I called PIP and was told after much humming and Haaaing, that my file has been sent back to the assessment provider. (Independent Assessment Service). I asked if that was usual procedure and was told that upon receiving my 'new evidence' (ie Mandatory recon.) they had sent my file back to IAS to see if they would change their decision.

I was of the understanding that the AP only made the report and that it was ultimately the DWP who made the decision whether or not a claimant wouldI' be awarded PIP. The person I spoke to said 'We must give the AP time to review the new evidence'. Obviously, after 13 weeks, I feel they have had plenty of time; especially if they have to then return my case file to DWP for them to have a 'hard copy'.
In the meantime, I'm struggling on a massively reduced income, as Ive lost my severe disability component of ESA, in addition to getting less than I did on DLA.
Does anybody know if this is standard protocol and if there is anything I can do to expedite the situation as I cannot submit an appeal to tribunal until I get a decision on my MR. I'm hoping that due to the length of time they are taking, it might be a positive outcome, Any advice or info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Cat

Think like a proton, always positive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233185 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP MR Question
Hi Cat
I have heard of a report being sent back to the AP and that generally happens when they believe something is missing from the report. It certainly isn't IAS who make the 'decision'.

In terms of the length of time, I am afraid there is absolutely nothing you can do to speed up the process. If you are successful then any new award will be backdated.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cat in a hat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.