× Members

New ESA Form = New Claim?

More
4 years 10 months ago #233329 by Meconopsis
New ESA Form = New Claim? was created by Meconopsis
I’ve just received a new ESA form to fill in and I’m getting in a panic as I haven’t had one for a while. A bit of background: I was transferred from Incapacity Benefit to ESA without a medical, then after my contribution based claim I claimed income based. I appealed being put in the WRAG but my appeal failed. As I understand it payments for new claims for ESA after April 2017 are about £30 lower than people in the WRAG previous to this. I’m worried as I thought that every time you have to fill in an ESA claim form it’s treated as a new claim, therefore my benefit will go down. Does anyone know if this is correct? Or maybe I'm worrying unnecessarily. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #233339 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New ESA Form = New Claim?

Meconopsis wrote: I’m worried as I thought that every time you have to fill in an ESA claim form it’s treated as a new claim, therefore my benefit will go down. Does anyone know if this is correct? Or maybe I'm worrying unnecessarily. Thanks.

No, this is a reassessment of a new an existing claim it is not a new claim. If you are moved to the WRAG then your ESA will still be payable at the full rate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233569 by Meconopsis
Replied by Meconopsis on topic New ESA Form = New Claim?
Ok, that's a relief. Thanks very much.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.