× Members

ESA MSI support for mortgage interest

More
4 years 10 months ago #233534 by Newbie100
ESA MSI support for mortgage interest was created by Newbie100
Re our mortgage my ESA income related do I get or could I apply for an MSI loan and could you tell me how it works and what’s the benefit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233544 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA MSI support for mortgage interest

You can apply for an SMI loan once you have been receiving ESA(IR) for at least 39 weeks, the loan is dependant on your continuing to receive ESA(IR) so your other topic may impact on your eligibility.

See the following for more information.

www.gov.uk/support-for-mortgage-interest

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #233556 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA MSI support for mortgage interest
Hi Newbie

A support for mortgage interest loan can help with interest payments on:

1) a mortgage for the home you live in
2) loans for essential repairs, improvements or disability adaptions to your home

Remember that if you do take out a SMI loan, a charge will be put against your property as you now have to repay back the loan from the sale of your property when you come to sell it.

Shelter has produced useful information on SMI
england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/be...nterest_payments_smi

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.