× Members

SMI loan

More
4 years 10 months ago #233536 by Newbie100
SMI loan was created by Newbie100
Sorry me again
I’m on both contributions rate and income related ESA.
When I move in with partner we will be having a mortgage. I know I will lose the income related element but I assume because I’m on ESA contributions and income related I would able to apply for an SMI loan to help pay mortgage interest? If so, our mortgage rate is to be 4.89% and if DWP only pays 2.61% for SMI would our mortgage interest rate effectively be just 2.2%?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233546 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic SMI loan

See my answer to your previous question.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #233558 by AL
Replied by AL on topic SMI loan
You will.still be paying a loan with smi, and at some point you will.need to pay the smi loan including the interest unless you fil the exclusions.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.