× Members

Transfer from DLA to PIP.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233537 by EL51
Transfer from DLA to PIP. was created by EL51
I received a letter last week asking me to apply to transfer to PIP by 18th July. I have Higher rate for care and mobility indefinitely for 8 years. Today I had a text reminding me to call. (I didn't know they had my mobile number) I need to have a number of things and information available when I ring.
I have been dreading this. Is the call just to request a form to complete or will they ask me details about my condition? I would prefer to put things on paper, when I have a chance to think rather than answer questions over the phone. Also I moved house 2 yrs ago, and have a new GP surgery. My old GP retired anyway, but he knew me and my health problems. I have not seen the same GP in this new practice, and not for the issues I am given DLA for (apart from medication review) , as I see the Pain Clinic consultant. I will obviously put his name down, but would appreciate some advice before I start the dreaded process.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233547 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Transfer from DLA to PIP.
EL

The call is covered in our PIP Claim guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

They will ask you about your conditions but they won't ask you about your limitations it is just to understand whether you would be at risk during the claim process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.