× Members

PIP result. Thank You

More
4 years 10 months ago #233565 by Karon
PIP result. Thank You was created by Karon
Just wanted to say thankyou to B&W site. Due to your useful guides i was more prepared for my face to face medical assessment at home. The assessment wasnt great, i had nearly two hours of stress and tbh i felt ill during and afterwards as stress doesnt mix well with Multiple Sclerosis! I was of the impression that with certain neurological conditions like MS, Parkinsons MND, assessor should be a qualified doctor. This wasnt the case. I was so worried about the result of my assessment I applied for a copy. There were nany mistakes and omissions in it. Plus i hadnt gained enough points from her on the mobility section to retain my mobility car. I was set to go all guns blazing into an appeal.

However I received my answer yesterday and the CM had awarded me 12 points for mobility which means i keep the enhanced rate. I cant tell you what this means, both to me be able to ‘live a life’, and financially. Unfortunately i did lose the higher rate for care/ living, which means a financial loss and with multiple health conditions, it doesnt seem fair. I did have DLA at the higher rate for both categories for life previously. Anyway i will have to learn to live with around £30 a week less as im frightened to rock the boat by appealing after managing to retain the high rate mobility. Also the assessor recommended a 3 year award, whereas the CM changed that to 4 which takes me to my new pensionable age of 66, so im hoping for a ‘light touch’ assessment then.

Thanks to all on the site and the guides i am in a state where i can manage and continue to enjoy being mobile.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233566 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP result. Thank You
Hi Karon

Congratulations on your award. Good news that you will be able to remain mobile.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris