× Members

UC not paid, no explanation

• herringgulls@gmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #233653 by herringgulls@gmail.com
UC not paid, no explanation was created by herringgulls@gmail.com
Hi! I'm appointee for someone on UC. He withdrew some capital to pay me for some largish purchases I made for him recently and informed UC of the change in amount of savings. We went in to show what it had been spent on (laptop, medical equipment, puppy and shopping I'd done for him going back over a year. It was originally about £3200 but he paid about £400 back into the savings account). Things like the puppy were to support his mental health as he's isolated due to a severe lung condition which prevents him doing much outside the house, we spend all his PIP on health related things. No warning, but his UC didn't get paid on time, no explanation. Hadn't realised it would be an issue, wouldn't have told them if we'd thought it would cause problems as at most it'll increase his payments by a few pounds a month, it was because he looked at the rules and it said to inform them, so he did. Now he's planning to save for a bit and try and replace his savings, so what should we do and will there be a problem every time things change in future? We have always spent all his PIP on health related stuff, now he get UC, how do they know which spending was PIP and which was UC?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233663 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC not paid, no explanation
Jan

Have you contacted the DWP office dealing with your appointee's claim?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.