× Members

Understanding Jargon on Pa4 form for MR

More
4 years 10 months ago #233655 by katykora
Understanding Jargon on Pa4 form for MR was created by katykora
Hi,

First time in the forum. After two successful claims for PIP since 2013 (lower care, lower mobility) been refused any personal care support and only lower mobility at latest review despite worsening condition. Just trying to put together MR submission letter. Nightmare but using guides on here very helpful.

Does anyone know what the acronyms MSE ans MSO mean in Health professionals report please? Used to say something was unremarkable at face-to-face despite my submissions to the contrary on how your disability affects you form.

I have registered my MR by phone and received a text message which I will keep. Have my medical report and DWP decision letter. How much is it worth me outlining all the points I disagree with at this stage? I have some extra medical evidence to submit as well.

Any jargon busting appreciated. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233659 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Understanding Jargon on Pa4 form for MR
Hi Katykora

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

MSE – either Mental State Examination or MusculoSkeletal Examination or Medical Services Examination depending on the context.

MSO - Medical Services Observations

Regarding your MR -
Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor recorded that I walked 50m, I did but they have failed to document that I had to stop every 10m for a rest due to breathlessness"

than their opinions

"based on my observations of the claimant walking I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Also make sure that you highlight the areas where you really think you should have scored points. Don't argue about something the assessor says if you know you couldn't score more for particular criteria

BIS.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: katykora

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.