× Members

ESA Tribunal decision worth adding to PIP?

More
4 years 10 months ago #233682 by Carly
Having just completed the PIP (DLA -PIP) application (thanks for your advice!) I wonder if it's also worth putting in a copy of my successful ESA tribunal notice from last year where it clearly states that my previous failed application was obviously wrong. Helpful?.. or would it perhaps annoy them and jeopardise my application?
How ridiculous that we even have to think like this!
I have to say the PIP form was not as gruelling as I expected. Phew!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233684 by BIS
Hi Carly

ESA and PIP are looking at two entirely different things. ESA (fitness to work), PIP (help for daily living). Although there are some similarities in a few of the questions, the way they are judged are quite different. It is up to you whether you want to include it, but I would only put it in if you can reference what was said to any of the PIP criteria.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #233726 by Carly
Replied by Carly on topic ESA Tribunal decision worth adding to PIP?
Ah ok. I don't think I will then.
It's just that I've also heard that PIP look at and refer to current ESA claims when assessing?

Also worth a mention that I applied on 26th June, received application 7th July and form is dated 1st of July so I've lost a week already!

More
4 years 10 months ago #233732 by BIS
Hi Carly

Maximus assess ESA, Capita and IAS assess PIP and then they are dealt with by two different departments within the DWP. I think you may have been misinformed. I have yet to hear of anyone getting a PIP report that referred to their ESA claim.

The issue of you losing a week on completing the form is standard. You can ring up and ask for a two week extension if you require it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.