× Members

Permitted work and ESA Medical

More
4 years 10 months ago #233740 by Sassy
Permitted work and ESA Medical was created by Sassy
Hi I've my ESA medical next week and it's booked for straight after work. I work 12.5 hrs a week and just about manage to keep this together when I'm unwell. I have bipolar but am ill 8+ months of the year. I'm well atm as have just come out of an episode. Will I be penalised for looking like I've been at work, and being honest about this. I'm a support worker for vulnerable young people. My work know I'm bipolar and accommodate this in the duties I'm asked to do. In my last episode I got sent home sick as I couldn't stop crying and took time off as I wasn't coping. Should I be honest or should I change my clothes and not wash my hair and not mention work and look like their stereotype??? I know damn well I couldn't work full time and that I would get sick and not hold it down. What I have atm works and I'm really doing my best!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233752 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Permitted work and ESA Medical
Sarah

If you are doing Permitted Work then the DWP will have informed the assessor so you should expect to be asked how you manage the PW and still have the limitations for an award of ESA.

It's up to you how you dress for the appointment, if you would normally be unkempt then I would not change your routine and if you would normally be clean and reasonably dressed then arrive like that.

Gordon

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.