× Members

ESA support contribution and Incone related

More
4 years 10 months ago #234260 by Justm3x
Hi

Just wanted to ask, ive been on ESA support group contribution based since transferring from Incapacity benefit, some years ago. I had an assessment from an outside source and they have told me im entitled to ESA contribution and income related... If ive understood it correctly you have to be on universal credit now to claim income related ESA.... is that correct? Also if i apply for the IR bit does the whole claim go onto Universal credit?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #234300 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA support contribution and Incone related
Justm3x

No, you don't need to claim Universal Credit, you are receiving what is now called legacy ESA, this has two payment components, one based on your Contributions (ESA(CB)) and one based on your financial situation (ESA(IR)).

ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset and savings rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you think that you are eligible then contact the DWP office dealing with your claim and ask for an ESA3 form to be sent, this captures your financial situation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #234302 by Justm3x
Replied by Justm3x on topic ESA support contribution and Incone related
Hi Gordan, Im not sure if you've seen my other post... Ive only found out this morning, that DWP put a restriction on the IR top up part of my benefit. I had no idea this happened.

More
4 years 10 months ago #234328 by Debs424
Replied by Debs424 on topic ESA support contribution and Incone related
Hi Justm3x, sorry to jump on your conversation, but this is exactly the question I was going to ask. From a benefits calculator on the gov website, it advises that I too can claim both contribution based ESA and Income Related ESA too.
I’m a little concerned now that you say the DWP has put a restriction on this. Does this mean they don’t allow you to claim for both?
Very confused here. I don’t want to rock the boat with DWP as everything is going smoothly at the mo.

More
4 years 10 months ago #234336 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA support contribution and Incone related

Debs424 wrote: Hi Justm3x, sorry to jump on your conversation, but this is exactly the question I was going to ask. From a benefits calculator on the gov website, it advises that I too can claim both contribution based ESA and Income Related ESA too.
I’m a little concerned now that you say the DWP has put a restriction on this. Does this mean they don’t allow you to claim for both?
Very confused here. I don’t want to rock the boat with DWP as everything is going smoothly at the mo.

If you are receiving legacy ESA and you meet the eligibility criteria to be paid ESA(IR) then it can be paid. We don't know why Justm3x is not being paid.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #234351 by Justm3x
Replied by Justm3x on topic ESA support contribution and Incone related
The restriction is because they say i didnt send in the info they requested by the due date.... I didnt send it in on time because of the bank, who made the mistakes. I did call the DWP and told them that and they made a note, but still penalised me, even now 16 months later

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.