× Members

Support group universal credit

More
4 years 9 months ago #235160 by Grahammylo
Support group universal credit was created by Grahammylo
Hi first time on the forum,I have a question and hope I can get an answer for. I’m near pension age my wife is 6 years behind me I’m on pip daily living higher rate we both on universal credit my wife gets carers element of uc caring for me and I also receive support group and we don’t have to look for work do I lose my support group and my wife lose her cares element when I reach pension age? Also how will this effect my pip?
Thanks graham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #235186 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Support group universal credit
Graham

When you reach State Retirement Age you will be removed from the UC claim and so will lose the LCWRA (SG) element, however, your wife will retain the Carers Element.

Your PIP is not affected and will continue in payment past SRA as long as you qualify for an award with the exception that a Mobility award cannot be made after SRA if one is not in payment at that time or increased if you have a Standard award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grahammylo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.