× Members

Pip review is after I'm 66

More
5 months 1 week ago #285318 by MrsB
Pip review is after I'm 66 was created by MrsB
I was awarded pip for 3 years and the 3 years is up in may 25 but I will be 66 in August 24.
Will I continue to receive pip after state pension age or will I be reviewed?
I have lower living and high mobility pip.
I have Rheumatoid arthritis of which the hospital are still trying to get me on medication that works and does not make me poorly. I also have osteoarthritis and degenerative disc disease and a compression fracture in my spine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #285319 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Pip review is after I'm 66
Hi Mrs B,
PIP awarded before state pension age can continue to be paid as long as you have ongoing disabilities as before.
Often people do get a review around this time or perhaps a bit later. At SPAge the reviews are often simpler and it is much less likely that you will be required to have an assessment.
The important point to know here is that mobility awards can not be changed after SPAge - this means you can't get mobility award after SPAge if you haven't got this already. Alternatively, you can't upgrade from standard to enhanced rate.
At present you have enhanced mobility, so it is crucial if you get a review that you check the award notice after the review. If your mobility award has been reduced or discontinued completely you will need to put in a Reconsideration letter, and possibly appeal to Tribunal to regain this. If you don't do this immediately then you won't ever be able to be paid any form of mobility award.
The rules allow you to appeal mobility awards when there has been a recent review at or just after SPAge is reached.
Daily Living awards are not affected - you can always claim these after SPAge and upgrade if your health worsens. Reconsideration or Appeals can also be done at any time when required.
Your current award is due to expire soon, so you are right to think you might get a review shortly. Start gathering evidence - you could ask your GP or Consultant for a letter, or at the very least get confirmation of your current health problems.
Of you haven't done so already, contact the Pension Service and ask for a pension forecast. You should also do the same with any occupational pension. Make sure any previous employer knows of your current address - if you have moved house previous employers may not know your new address, especially if you moved a while ago.
It is often useful to get a benefit check once you have have received forecasts for what money you can get as pensions - a benefits advisor eg at CAB can check whether you woukd be entitled to further benefits once you get to SPAge.
You will need to actually claim your State Pension- this doesn't get paid automatically.
I hope this helps.
Enjoy your retirement!
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , anees292, MrsB

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290088 by MrsB
Replied by MrsB on topic Pip review is after I'm 66
Hi LL26
Thank you so much for your comprehensive reply! I thought I had replied but looking now it seems not! I'm so sorry brain fog at it's best! I've not heard anything as yet and I'm 66 on 28 august this year. My pip end date is 19th January 2025. I get enhanced living and mobility so have a car on motability so hubby can drive me around when I'm not able to drive myself. As I have an end date do you think I'll have to reapply?
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
2 weeks 7 hours ago #290123 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip review is after I'm 66
Hi Mrs B

You won't have to reapply. Your claim with continue - but you may receive a review form.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, MrsB

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.