× Members

CB ESA

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #287147 by NeRd666
CB ESA was created by NeRd666
Hello. im currently in receipt of IR ESA legacy benefit with Disability Premium and Pip Enhansed DLA and Mobility. if i am moved onto CB ESA will i lose my disability premium? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #287151 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic CB ESA
Hi NeRd666

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Short answer to your question, disability premiums are only paid with IR ESA, some claimants can get both IR ESA and CB ESA but it depends on their circumstances.

You cannot just move to CB ESA, to be eligible to claim CB ESA you have to meet certain qualifying conditions.

New Style ESA is a Contribution Based benefit and is not means tested with the exception of pension income which can reduce the amount that you receive.

There are two Contribution Conditions that you need to meet for a new claim for New Style ESA.

Both are based on the two Tax Years preceding the current Benefit year, for 2023 they are 2020-21 and 2021-22.

The Second Condition requires a minimum of 50 weeks of either NI Contributions.

The First however requires a minimum of 26 weeks of NI Contributions in either of the two years, your current claim does not provide these, Contributions can only be acquired through paid employment, there are some exceptions but you don't mention any of these in your post.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.